Want to know one of the most effective ways to stay connected to your kids?
Have fun with them! Laugh! Play! Create! Explore!
God has given you not just a child to raise but another human being to enjoy, get to know, learn from and best of all, LOVE.
We want to help get your creative juices flowing so we’ve come up with a few hangout ideas for you and your kid. Yes, that was singular. Kid. These ideas are meant to be experienced one-on-one. It’s great having siblings and being a member of a family, but every now and then nothing is better than being the only child and having mom or dad’s undivided attention.
So, are you ready to have some fun with your kid? Are you ready to break away from the same ol’ same ol’ and make a memory? Well, what are you waiting for? Go have some fun and let us know what is your favorite way to connect with you children.
- Dance in the living room to music together.
- Go outside and explore.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Blow bubbles.
- Cuddle up and read books and look at pictures together.
- Go to a park or playground and play hide-n-seek.
- Go get ice cream or make sundaes at home. (Don’t forget the sprinkles!)
- Have a “fancy” dinner or tea party.
- Go to your local airport and watch airplanes take off and land.
- Make a fort in the living room with cushions and blankets and “camp out.” If it’s a warm night, go in the backyard.
- Let your child pick out a couple of new board games and have a game night.
- Ride bikes together. (And if you’re not chicken, try to skateboard.)
- Try doing an art project or craft together.
- Make dinner together.
- Have a good old fashion pillow fight!
- Watch YouTube together (Good Mythical Morning, See Ya Reel Soon, and StampyLongNose are highly recommended.)
- Curl up in the bed and read together.
- Let your child teach you how to play his favorite video game.
- Go to a concert and jam out together.
- Walk around the mall and window shop, or set a budget your kid can spend on something “just because.”
- Go out to eat at your kid’s favorite restaurant.
- Get your nails done and go to Starbucks. (Hey dad, you’re missing out if you’ve never had a pedicure.)
- Throw the football, baseball, or try some ultimate Frisbee.
- Put on your team’s colors, and go to a high school, college, or pro game